Saturday, August 18, 2007

Week 9, Thing 23....DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, I have officially completed 23 Things.

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Definitely Bloglines and LibraryThing. Most of the other exercises I'd had experience with, so they weren't very innovative to me. However, both Bloglines and LibraryThing are services that I continue to use now, even though I am done those exercises.

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I plan on being a lifelong learner for sure. Even though I am a part of the new "tech generation," there were still services involved in 23 Things that I had never used before, such as Rollyo and Blonglines. I think it was a good learning experience.

3. Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I know I will continue to use some of the services used in the 23 Things program. But there weren't any unexpected outcomes; I came to learn about technology and so I did.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Not much. The exercises were pretty loose so you could learn without strict formulas (like "click here, then click here, then click here," that would be boring).

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
I would probably participate, unless it was something that I was already familiar with. The advantage of 23 Things is that I learned a lot. If that were possible in future discovery programs, then I would participate.

6. How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program?
23 Things introduced me to different services that, even as a young person, I had never heard of or used before. It was a great discovery exercise for beginners and veterans of internet services alike.

1 comment:

JimD said...

Thanks a lot for participating in the program and for the points you made in your posts. I think we'll all take something different away from this program. Some people did find it difficult but it looks like you came at it with just the right combination of skills and attitude. Thanks again!